MAS406 Mathematics and Statistics Project
|Both semesters, 2017/18||30 Credits|
|Lecturer:||Dr Eun-jin Kim|
The student selects a project topic offered by a member of staff and writes a project on this under the supervision of the member of staff.
Corequisites: MAS400 (Project Presentation in Mathematics and Statistics)
The following modules have this module as a prerequisite:
|MAS400||Project Presentation in Mathematics and Statistics|
- to give students experience of, and training in, research and presentation of an advanced mathematical topic
- to support the development of independent study skills
- to support the acquisition of communication and presentation skills
- to provide an introduction to the research experience
- to give the opportunity to study a specialist topic of attraction to the student
No lectures, no tutorials
30-40 page dissertation [90%]. Oral presentation [10%].