MAS400 Project Presentation in Mathematics and Statistics
Note: This is an old module occurrence.
You may wish to visit the module list for information on current teaching.
|Semester 1, 2016/17||10 Credits|
|Lecturer:||Dr Tobias Berger||Home page||Reading List|
This unit provides further training and experience in the use of appropriate computer packages for the presentation of mathematics and statistics, and guidance on the coherent and accurate presentation of technical information.
Corequisites: MAS406 (Mathematics and Statistics Project)
Not with: MAS301 (Group Project) simultaneously
The following modules have this module as a prerequisite:
|MAS406||Mathematics and Statistics Project|
- Review of LATEX and TeXworks
- Typesetting mathematics in LATEX
- Writing mathematics and statistics
- Structuring a mathematical report
- Oral presentations
- The LATEX beamer package
- To develop written skills for use in the level 4 project.
- To develop oral skills for use in the level 4 project.
- To develop general presentational skills usable in a wider context.
- To be able to write mathematics clearly and coherently.
- To be able to use LATEX competently.
- To be able to use the beamer package.
- To be able to write and deliver an effective mathematical presentation.
Lab sessions and lectures.
5 lectures, no tutorials, 6 practicals
Coursework [65%]. Oral presentation [35%].
|B||Nicholas J. Higham||Writing for the Mathematical Sciences||808.06651 (H)||Blackwells||Amazon|
(A = essential, B = recommended, C = background.)
Most books on reading lists should also be available from the Blackwells shop at Jessop West.