MAS261 Further General Engineering Mathematics
|Both semesters, 2017/18||15 Credits|
|Lecturer:||Dr Fionntan Roukema||uses MOLE||Timetable|
Prerequisites: MAS161 (General Engineering Mathematics)
No other modules have this module as a prerequisite.
- Reinforce previous mathematical knowledge.
- Develop new mathematical concepts needed to support engineering at Level 2.
- Provide a foundation for the Level 3 and 4 courses for engineers.
- Work with Laplace and Fourier transforms.
- Calculate and work with Fourier series.
- Understand and solve certain partial differential equations.
- Calculate multiple integrals.
- Work with scalar and vector fields.
- Apply techniques from partial differentiation, including directional derivatives.
- Understand truth tables and basic logical constructs.
- Work with modular arithmetic.
- Understand the processes of induction and recursion.
No lectures, 33 tutorials
One final exam worth 85
Timetable (semester 1)
|Tue||16:00 - 16:50||tutorial||(group GE)||DIA-WR1|
|Fri||13:00 - 13:50||lab session||(group ge)||Richard Roberts Room B81|