This person is no longer a member of SoMaS. The information below may
not have been updated since they left.
Dr Elena Marensi
||Computational Fluid Dynamics
- 2017- Postdoctoral research assistant, SOMAS, Sheffield UK
- 2012-2016 PhD Mechanical Engineering, Sheffiled UK (jointly with IHPC Singapore)
- 2010-2012 Master Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture, Genoa, Italy
- Nonlinear dynamics: turbulence and transition in pipe flows
- Aerodynamic boundary-layer transition
- Flow instabilities and control
I am currently working on the EPSRC project Optimisation in Fluid Mechanics
(most recent publications below)
- Marensi, E., Ding Z., Willis A. P. and Kerswell R. R. Designing a minimal baffle to destabilise turbulence in pipe flows (Submitted)
- Ding, Z., Marensi, E., Willis A. P. and Kerswell R. R. Stabilising pipe flow by a baffle designed using energy stability (Submitted).
- Budanur B., Marensi, E., Willis A.P. and Hof B. The upper edge of chaos and the energetics of transition in pipe flow (Under second revision in PRFluids).
- Ding Z. and Marensi, E. Upper bound of angular momentum transport in Taylor-Couette flow (2020) Phys. Rev. E, 100(6), 063109.
- Marensi, E., Willis A. P. and Kerswell R. R. Stabilisation and drag reduction of pipe flows by flattening the base profile (2019) J. Fluid Mech., 863, pp. 850-875
See also My Google Scholar page
Lecturer (2018 - 2019)
- MAS280 Mechanics and fluids
- MAS222 Differential Equations
- MAS254 Computational and Numerical Methods
- MAS316 Mathematical modelling of natural systems